Monday, May 7, 2012

39 Weeks...

So I'm officially 39 weeks today!  Due date is ONE WEEK away (or sooner!).  Well, errr...or later :/  John and I's one-year wedding anniversary is May 21st...so I'm *really* hoping I can avoid her being born on THAT day!  The doctor said a few weeks ago that they induce after 40 weeks, and as long as your body is cooperating (meaning you are dilated/effaced I'm assuming), they will let you decide the day.  Ok - that being said I pick the day I'm 40 weeks and 1 day - May 15th! :)  BTW at last appointment I was 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced!

We had a great weekend!  Friday night had dinner with my parents and some of their friends, followed by delicious Yogurtology.  Saturday John had a few bids in downtown Phoenix, so I decided to tag along so he could take me to Mary Coyles - the BEST old fashioned icecream shop ever!  Then walked around the mall for awhile in hopes of getting Camdyn to drop...unsuccessful...still pregnant.  Sunday same thing - mall walking in hopes of getting baby to drop.  Today I will probably be hitting the mall yet again to get my walking in!  I would walk elsewhere, but it's VERY hot outside...especially for being pregnant.  Mall is the only place I can think of where I can actually get some exercise.

Poor hubby is out working all the way in Gold Canyon, this week and last week.  Yup, Gold Canyon is the city where the candles come from, so that's pretty cool!  But it's also so far away he doesn't have cell phone service!  **Side note - he DOES receive texts somehow, so if I go into labor he'll be getting a text and coming back, no worries!**  Being that far makes for some VERY long days for him, so I'll try and make sure house is clean and dinner is ready when he's home so he can relax. 

Now for Pregnancy Update:

How far along? 39 Weeks and counting...
Total weight gain: 35 lbs exactly.  I'll probably end up gaining 40 total which isn't tooo bad.  Next pregnancy I will definitely watch what I eat a little more.
Maternity clothes? Nope, just longer tank tops and jean shorts now since it's so hot.  My jean shorts are just a few sizes bigger.  Baby is so high up that I can even button them!
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: A lot better, actually.  I wake up about 4-6 times to pee, but I fall back to sleep right away which has been nice.  I need my rest NOW before Camdyn is here!
Best moment this week: Being 1 week from my due date
Miss Anything? not really lol - maybe not being completely exhausted just from walking up the stairs haha
Movement: it's slowed a lot lately.  I feel her a tiny tiny bit in the morning, then in the evenings she moves, but other than that she's pretty comfy I'm guessing
Food cravings: lately it's been junk food.  I'll admit, I had 4 paradise bakery cookies two days in a row last week, plus had Sprinkles cupcakes and desserts from another yummy bakery, Sweet Tooth Fairy :)  man i'm actually surprised i haven't gained MORE weight lol! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: anything that smells bad
Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: nothing really :(
Symptoms: just the usual
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? on
- I haven't swelled really at all.  Feet get a tiny bit swollen if I walk a lot, but even then I am the only one who notices it
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy!!  except in the mornings - for some reason i'm very cranky in the morning and then am fine as the day progresses
Looking forward to: feeling that first super painful contraction - then I know I'm close!

No comments: