Tuesday, May 1, 2012

38 Weeks + Update

It's been awhile since I've posted.  Lots been going on - last Wednesday I had my 37 week dr appointment and found out I am 2.5 cm dilated and 70% effaced!  Dr said the baby could literally come any day now!  6 days later, still no baby :( lol.  I've completely cleaned and organized her room, kept the house clean, and sorta started packing hospital bag (well, layed out the bag and thought of what I want to put in it!) for when she comes!  I've also tried to speed things along by running up and down the stairs, going for walks every night, drinking raspberry leaf tea, and eating spicy foods.  Still nothing.  I'm realizing that little Camdyn is going to come when SHE wants to, not when I want her to :)

John and I spent Saturday having a "Date Day" - more on that later - as it very well could have been our last weekend as just the two of us.  Sunday we picked up our free washer/dryer (thanks Beth & Christina!!) and came home to find our Schnauzer having severe tooth pain.  I took him to the dr yesterday and he's going in for surgery today to have some teeth pulled.  $500 later, I'm sure he'll be fine.  Definitely even more grateful now that we got a free washer/dryer!

So here is my 38 week update:

How far along? 38 Weeks
Total weight gain: lost 1/2 a lb at my last appointment...we'll see where I'm at tomorrow.  Probably still around 33 lbs total gained though.
Maternity clothes? Not lately, actually. I have long shirts that I wear, and I've been living in jean shorts that are just a few sizes bigger than what I normally wear. And of course T-shirts and soffie shorts to lounge around the house in.
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: Well, we got our fan installed in our bedroom so two nights ago I slept like a rock.  Last night, I was worried about Duke and had a lot on my mind, plus I have to pee about 6x/night, so I don't think I fell asleep at all actually.
Best moment this week: Finding out baby could come anyday!
Miss Anything? hmmm not really this week
Movement: yup! very active little girl.  She's been moving more so than usual...not sure if that means she's coming or setting up camp in my belly!
Food cravings: OJ has been my main craving, other than that I'm always up for anything
Anything making you queasy or sick: anything that smells bad
Gender: Girl

Labor Signs: minor contractions here and there
Symptoms: Just tired
Belly Button in or out? out
Wedding rings on or off? on

Happy or Moody most of the time: lately I feel like I've been happier, but I do cry randomly over small little things that really shouldn't make a person cry
Looking forward to: coming home with Camdyn!

No comments: