Last night I wanted to make an easy, yet delicious, dinner. After looking through my pantry and discovering tuna fish, I decided to make a tuna pasta salad. It's a cold pasta salad so perfect for summer! I googled a few recipes and asked my mom how she makes hers, and came up with my own rendition:
Tuna Pasta Salad:
- 1 box medium shells
- 6 hard boiled eggs (I hate boiling eggs! My mom told me Costco now sells them already hard boiled! That is reason in itself to renew my membership)
- 2 cans tuna fish (most recipes called for 5 cans but I only had two and figured that would be fine)
- 3 stalks celery, very finely chopped
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped (I would recommend half an onion as mine was a little overpowering)
- green onion, finely chopped
- tons of salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta according to directions
2. Hard boil eggs / peel / chop
3. Chop celery, onion, and green onion
4. Combine all ingredients, including tuna fish (or you can use chicken)
5. Add mayo (no set amount, just add it until it's good for your liking. I personally do NOT like mayo very much so I don't add a lot)
6. Stir everything together / season with salt & pepper / refrigerate for an hour / EAT!
Definitely a pretty easy and cheap recipe. We have lots of leftovers too so it'll make for some yummy lunches and snacks in the upcoming days.
And here are a few photos of me at 39 weeks pregnant. I haven't felt well at all today - feeling very nauseas and completely exhausted (more so than usual). Maybe it's a sign labor is coming!!