Monday, September 3, 2012

Encouragement Series

So I thought it'd be cool to start a series where I put an encouraging quote / phrase / photo / thought etc on my blog everyday (Mon-Sat).  I know that I've had rough days and then seen something that's turned my day around.  Everyone could use a little encouragement now and then :)



This quote touches home to both my husband and I.  My husband works for himself and can have periods of down-time just like anyone working for themselves would.  I tend to jump to the "Well maybe you should get a regular full-time job" conclusion quite quickly.  The thing is, my husband loves what he does and he's really good at it.  Being slow doesn't mean quit - it means thinking outside the box and coming up with different advertising strategies.  It means finding a solution, not giving up on his dream.

For myself, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I'm meant to by Camdyn's mom.  That is my purpose.  I'm also extremely blessed in that I can work from home writing, which is something I absolutely love way more than I thought I would.  I don't make very much money, but I'm hoping to grow in my field and get more job opportunities.  Writing is honestly the one job I've had that I actually really like (well, I did really like being a server, but unfortunately that would require me to take Cami to daycare).  I like it so much that it doesn't even seem like work.  Isn't there a quote "if you love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life"?  That's how I feel about writing.  

So again, "Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.

No comments: