Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Iced Caramel Vanilla Lattes and Iced Pumpkin Cookies

Fall is now in full-force.  Everywhere except in Arizona, that is.  Just because it's still 100 degrees out doesn't mean I'm not going to partake in my favorite fall activities - things like decorating, lighting pumpkin-scented candles, making stew (it's in the crock pot now), and wearing scarves and boots (ok...scratch that last one).

As most of you know, I'm obsessed with Starbucks.  I go there every day, even though we're on a budget.  I'm able to justify it in my mind since it's my breakfast and lunch (bad, I know).  Normally I get an iced venti iced coffee sweetened with cream (yes, you do say "iced" twice), but today I tried something new.  Something delicious.  Something that blew my mind.

Ready?

An iced grande skinny salted caramel vanilla latte.

You read that right.  It's even better than it sounds, if you can believe it.  Credit goes to one of my besties, Shelley, over at Courtepointe Amour.  This is now "my drink", even though it is a bit pricier than the iced coffee.


This isn't actually mine, as I drank mine in 5 seconds flat before having a chance to photograph it, but you get the idea.

Now, on to the second part of my post:

Iced Pumpkin Cookies


I am by no means a food photographer, so don't let this picture scare you.  These cookies are more like a cake.  They're soft, fluffly, pumpkin-y, and topped with a sweet, subtle glaze.  I averaged about 5 per day until they were gone.  

I'd post the recipe, but it's easier for me if you just click here.

The only thing I did differently was add cinnamon to the glaze to make them more pretty.  

Hope everyone's having a great day!  Happy fall!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that latte! Your cookies look yummy too!! I'll have to try those together! ;)

Anonymous said...

hey there! newest follower to your blog & fellow phoenician :) so happy to have come across your blog.. love finding local bloggers! fall is definitely in full swing.... says the fall wreath on my door and pumpkin spice candle burning in my kitchen. the 100 degree temps didn't get the memo that it's time to relax a little i guess... ;)
excited to read more from ya and would love if you followed back!
xox
ellen
thishive.blogspot.com

Janna Renee said...

I'll take one of each! Please and Thank you! Haha.